Financial and Securities Frauds
- Represented at trial in 2018 high profile individual charged with wire fraud and securities violations by the United State's Attorney's Office, Eastern District Court of New York
- A University and individual charged with money laundering, falsefying business records by the New York County District Attorney's Office: 2017-2019
- National paper products company in an investigation by the United States Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of New York, of alleged bank and securities fraud.
- Director of an investment bank in a wide-range, multi-district investigation by Federal and State prosecutors of alleged financial, securities and accounting misconduct at one of the largest and most prominent investment banks in the world.
- Former bank officer charged in the Southern District of New York with defrauding his employer by falsifying bank documents in order to secure loans.
- Real estate developer charged in the Southern District of New York with RICO, money laundering and obstruction of justice. After lengthy pre-trial proceedings, we convinced prosecutors to allow client to plead guilty to one count of obstruction of justice.
- Restaurant owner charged in the Eastern District of New York with conspiracy to commit money laundering of the proceeds of an illegal gambling business.
- Former employee charged with wire fraud in connection with the fraudulent sales of vending machine business opportunities.
- Livery company owner charged with structuring financial deposits to avoid reporting requirements.
- Individual charged in the Southern District of New York with mail, wire and stock fraud.
- Vice president of a printing company charged in the Southern District of New York with mail fraud and commercial bribery in connection with an alleged kickback scheme.
- Construction manager in the Eastern District of New York charged with conspiracy to commit bank and mail fraud in connection with fraudulently obtained mortgages.
- Former attorney charged with grand larceny and scheme to defraud in Queens County Supreme Court based on the theory that she stole settlement funds from her clients through her IOLA account. After a mistrial, the District Attorney dismissed all charges against the client.
- Real estate attorney investigated by the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office for alleged theft of client monies by a title company.
- Former employee of a law firm charged in New York County Supreme Court with theft of monies from his employer.
- Financial advisor under investigation by the New York Attorney General’s Office for his alleged involvement in a Ponzi scheme.
- Employee of an electrical supply company charged in Queens County Supreme Court with commercial bribery and grand larceny in connection with an alleged kickback scheme.
- Individual taxpayer in an IRS criminal investigation in the Southern District of New York into alleged tax evasion and secreting of assets in offshore bank accounts.
- Individual taxpayer under investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of New York, in matters related to foreign accounts and payment of taxes.
- Jewelry company in the investigation and audit by the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance.
Crimes Against the Government
- Owner of a Department of Defense contractor in an investigation by the United States Attorney’s Office, Southern District of Ohio, of the alleged fraudulent sale of electrical components for military weapons.
- Owner of medical equipment company charged with conspiracy to violate United States trade embargos.
- Individual investigated by the New York State Insurance Fund regarding allegations of worker’s compensation insurance fraud.
- National fire and security company in connection with an investigation by the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office of alleged violations of the Prevailing Wage Law.
- Construction company in connection with allegations of the improper handling of asbestos before the New York City Environmental Control Board.
- Asbestos removal company in the Manhattan District Attorney’s investigation into the causes of a fire in a downtown commercial building.
- Individual charged in the District of New Jersey with the trafficking of counterfeit shoes and apparel.
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning company and its President/Owner in the Southern District of New York in connection with charges of criminal antitrust violations.
- 2017-2019 Individual charged by the United States Attorney,Northern District of New York with possesion of child pornography
- Individual charged with sex abuse by the New York District Attorney's Office at trial which resulted in an acquittal on all counts
- Individual charged in New York County Supreme Court with kidnapping, sexual abuse, burglary.
- Individual charged in New York County Supreme Court with money laundering and promoting prostitution.
- Individual charged in New York County Supreme Court based upon allegations that she was a partner in a high-profile prostitution ring.
- Individual charged in the Eastern District of New York with multiple counts of possession of 1,000s of images of child pornography.
- Individual with Asperger's Syndrome charged in Queens County Criminal Court with possession of child pornography
- Individual charged by New York County District Atorney's Office with murdering his wife 2019
- Landlord charged in New York County Supreme Court with the murder of one of his tenants.
- Individual charged in the Eastern District of New York in connection with an alleged plot to bomb the New York City subways and to commit murder overseas.
- Parents charged in New York County Supreme Court with assault of police officers and resisting arrest in connection based upon the allegation that they instigated the incident after their child was wrongfully and illegally arrested.
- Israeli medical student studying in the United States charged in New York County Criminal Court with assault allegedly committed during a barroom brawl.
- Individual registered with the Securities Exchange Commission charged with assault in connection with a barroom brawl.
Domestic Violence/Child Abuse
- Husband charged by the New York County District Attorney's Office with assulting wife 2018
- Father of newborn child charged with endangering the welfare of a child and the physical harassment of hospital staff in Village Court based upon the allegations that he attempted to take his son out of the hospital against hospital policy.
- Father and husband charged with assault, aggravated harassment and endangering the welfare of a child in New York Criminal Court in connection with an alleged domestic incident involving his wife.
- Parents investigated by the New York City Administration for Children’s Services in connection with allegations of child abuse and maltreatment.
- Prepared and filed motion to vacate in New York County Supreme Court on behalf of individual wrongfully convicted of and imprisoned for the murder of a retired police officer who was operating an illegal gambling business.
- Prepared and filed motion to vacate conviction in Queens Criminal Court on behalf of a non-United States citizen facing deportation because of failure of prior counsel to inform him of immigration consequences of plea to sale of marijuana.
- Prepared and filed petition in New York Supreme Court for reduction of Sex Offender Registration Act (SORA) level.
- Prepared and filed appeal of convictions for rape, course of sexual conduct against a child and endangering the welfare of a child in New York State Appellate Division.
- Conducted extensive internal investigation of broker-dealer client regarding allegations of violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, commercial bribery and other criminal activity of individual members of client’s management.
- Conducted international investigation of foreign-based metal manufacturer and distributor regarding potential exposure to antitrust, bribery, fraud and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act allegations.
- Private investigation company served with Grand Jury subpoenas issued by the United States Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of Virginia, in connection with investigation of another investigation company.
- Sightseeing cruise line served with Grand Jury subpoenas in connection with investigation by Manhattan District Attorney’s Office of boating accident in which client was a witness.
© 2023 Robert C. Gottlieb & Associates PLLC All Rights Reserved.